Monday, October 24, 2016

Mixed Media Skull

Hi everyone, Steph here today with a not so creepy skull.  It's mixed media month and Halloween is just around the corner.  I had this paper mache skull and knew it would make a fun project.

 
I stamped several colors of Colorbox® Color Pop Premium Dye Ink by Susan K. Weckesser ink on an acrylic block.  Using a paint brush, I picked up the inks along with a little water and proceeded to paint the skull.

 
I continued painting until the skull was completely covered.

 
Once painted, it was time to decorate.  Think of all the different elements you can add to make this skull personal.

 
Using the In Circle Me stamp, I inked it with Mystery Ink and randomly stamped it about the skull.  I purposely allowed some of the images to stamp incomplete because I was not looking for perfection.

 
Because of the skull's shape, no acrylic block was used.  I just push the stamps onto the skull.

 
I added 2 flowers in one of the eye sockets and added additional stamps around the skull.


I used the seeds from the What's Up Gnomey stamp set with Ice ink across the top and the small cloud from the Tumbleweed Houses stamp set with Kiss Ink.  And finally, I added gems, after all who doesn't love gems in any form?
 
Happy Halloween and thanks for stopping by today.
 
Steph Ackerman
Susan K. Weckesser Design team




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe