Thursday, September 1, 2016

She Faced the World With A Smile - A Card By Lynne Mizera

Happy September 1st to all you wonderful and creative followers. September? Now how did that happen?  I know I am not the only one who has been broadsided by just how fast the year 2016 is flying by, but HOW did it get to be September already?!  Today I am honoured to be the Susan K. Weckesser creative team member here at the My Sweet Earth blog who is introducing our September theme of "You Are My Friend". 

All of September the creative team will be showcasing cards about friendship, family and love, because:

"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." Helen Keller

 Here is the card I created:
I had so much fun creating this card using Susan's "Love Ya Whole Bunches" stamp set... and here is how I did it!
I stamped my image three times using Ranger Archival waterproof ink.  I always give myself three images so that way I feel like have lots of room for color choices and any little mistakes. I used my Angora watercolors and a water brush to fill in the color...
And then I went back in with my gel pens to add details to her eyes, dress and flower and I used colored pencils to give her hair some texture.
Here she is really close Close-up so you can see all the wonderful details... 
The sun and cloud and bird are from Susan's "Create Your Day" Unity stamp set and the wonderful flowers by her feet (which I filled in with gel pens and stickles) are from the Unity Stamp set "Journal Doodles With A Heart". A bit of fibre, some foam pop dots and few more gel pen details and it was done!
I am taking the time this month to make a few cards for those people who make my life richer and then I am making sure they know that!  Because even though I know I think of them often I want to make sure that they know how much they bring to my world. Alfred Tennyson said it so beautifully when he wrote:
 "If I had a flower for every time I thought of you... I could walk through my garden forever."

Thank you for making my world such a beautiful garden to walk through Ms. Susan K. Weckesser!

for the Susan Weckesser Creative Team
Susan K. Weckesser Products Used on this Project:
Love Ya Whole Bunches
CREATE YOUR DAY
Bouquet
Journal Doodles With A Heart


5 comments:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe