Monday, December 28, 2015

A Reel Snowman

Hello crafty friends, Samantha here today and I would like to share with you a super easy Christmas decoration which is perfect for your tree or mantle.
 I was a complete numb nuts and forgot to take photos during the making process so I hope my directions make things clear for you.
I began with an old wooden cotton reel and gave it a coat of gesso and then painted it pink. I added a turquoise ribbon around the centre. Next I cut a piece of wire and twisted the loop in the middle, which becomes the top and the two ends then go in to the centre hole of the cotton reel and glued in place. The wire also had a couple of coats of gesso and some white acyclic paint along with some glitter for Christmas bling. A cotton wool ball made some fluffy snow. I used a punch to make the snowflakes really easily by punching out of white card and decorating with glitter.
 Finally I stamped the snow person on to white card and coloured using Prismacolour pencils. When cutting him out I didn't go all the way around to leave a tab at the bottom which was used to glue him in place.
Susan's wonderful Snow Way stamp set which is shown below can be found here at Unity Stamp Co.
I do hope you like my snowman and I hope I've inspired you a little. I promise to take photo's next time!!
Wishing you a wonderful day,
Susan K. Weckesser Design Team member

3 comments:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe