Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Happy Birthday Gift set

Hi everyone, Steph Ackerman here today and I am thrilled to be the guest designer this month for Susan K. Weckesser.  

I received  the Live in Color Collection.  This is a gorgeous collection of whimsical images and beautiful colors and knew they'd be perfect for a gift ensemble.







The gift bag was originally pink and was somewhat faded by the sun.  Using the new ColorBox  Chalk Inks  in Harvest and Splash, I rubbed the ink pads across the gift bag, mixing the colors.  The colors of the inks coordinated really well with these papers.





 
 
 
I cut the Beautiful Daydreams paper to fit the gift bag, matting it with gray cardstock.  Then I fussy cut a cloud and the kite, adding them to the gift bag with foam adhesives for dimension. 
 
 
 
 



 
Not wanting to waste any papers I had left, I created a coordinating  birthday card with the remaining paper and stamped "Happy Birthday" on a die cut oval I had left over from my previous birdhouse project.  I then matted it on several other dies before adding it to the card. 


Thank you to Susan K. Weckesser, Inc. for giving me the opportunity to be a guest designer this month.  And thank you for stopping by today.

Steph
 

1 comment:

  1. Steph this is so pretty! How wonderful to re-use a bag that could be altered. Love this fun paper and the colors are great.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe