Saturday, February 15, 2014

Patchwork Heart and Washi Stamps

Hello crafty friends!

Emmy here with a new creation to share.


It is, of course, in the spirit of St. Valentine's day, which was yesterday. For my sentiment I used Susan K. Weckesser Le Mason stamp, because if you ask me {after 11 year of marriage} "mine" and "yours" is not good enough :-)

And then there is the heart. I decided to create a patchwork heart and here is how I did it.

Step 1: Stamp the pattern you would like to use on a white cardstock. Use different colors or different shades of one color. I used the Susan K. Weckesser "abc.123.washi" stamp set.


Step 2: Cut out the stamped imaged and begin arranging your patchwork in the shape you would like to use.


Step 3: After you are satisfied with the result, adhere the paper strips to a piece of cardstock and die cut the heart using Tim Holtz "Heart Wings" die and a die cutting machine. 


To finish off my design, I inked the edge of the heart, layered it on slightly larger white cardstock and applied a layer of see-through crackle paint to give it more vintage look.

I stamped the sentiment on a piece of cardstock, fussy cut it and adhered it with mounting tape to my card. 


For the background of my card I used  different masks, Glimmer Mist, distress inks and modelling paste. I covered the crown and the wings with a silver paint dabber and then with a layer of crackle paint. 


To finish off my card I added a ribbon bow and white pearls.

I hope you enjoyed today's post!

Come back tomorrow for more inspirational projects from our design team!

crafty hugs,



1 comment:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe