Friday, January 31, 2014

Art Journaling...Grace Not Perfection.

Hello All!
KERI Here and I am so excited to share with you this page from my Art Journal. 



I had so much fun using a rubber plate technique with a rubber plate made using Amazing Mold Rubber from Amazing Crafting Products , acrylic paint and a brayer. (This technique has also been called gelli plating.)

I also used Frog Tape by Shurtape in their Chevron Shape to make my background. 

For stamps, Susan's "A little bit of Washi" and "Splatter it" both added a lot of texture to my background using Ranger Archival Ink in Jet black, while I used gold and black acrylic paints with "in.circle me" and the banner from "celebrate your day." 




Other Supplies:
Vine and Bird Stamps: Claudine Hellmuth Studio
Circle Stencil: Hobby Lobby
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Salty Ocean
Acrylic Paints: Daler and Rowney, Anita's All Purpose and Plaid 
Matte Gel Medium: Liquitex 

The saying is from my Pinterest Board: WORD!. I keep this board of great sayings, quotes and phrases that when I read them I go "oh...yeah..so true.", but then they just sit there (sound familiar?) I decided this year to start taking those "pins" and turning them in to "pages." :) 

I hope this project inspires you with it's bright colors and thoughtful quote. 

Until Next time friends...remember to CHOOSE to make you art intentional...not an afterthought. 

XOXO,
KERI

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe