I hope that everyone has a wonderful Canada Day!
For Canada Day I wanted to give a friend of my a little something special because this week has been super crazy here in Alberta, so I created a little mixed media canvas.
Here is how I created my Maple Leaf Mixed Media Canvas.
· Take an old sewing pattern and after mixing up a small cup of Ice Resin, using a small paint brush coat the front and back. Set aside to dry overnight. Do the same to an old book page.
Print off picture of the Canada flag. Give your canvas a base coat of white acrylic paint. Let dry.
Print off picture of the Canada flag.
Give your canvas a base coat of white acrylic paint.
· Use some of Tim Holtz Distress Paint to color up the sides of your canvas and around your image. Dab on some of the paint and then don’t be afraid to use a rag to work the color into all tear and creases.
· Dab some Tim Holtz Distress Stain onto Ranger Ink Non-Stick Craft Sheet then dab the strips of Ice Resin sewing patterns through it. Let it sit for a minute and then spritz with a bit of water to let the color bleed a bit. Dab excess off with a rag. You can add other colors it you want.
· Heat set.
· Cut strips of the Ice Resin Book Page. Roll up and put a little dab of glue at the end so it doesn’t come undone.
· Cut off 3” lengths of Ice Resin Sewing Pattern paper. Gentle fold in half and twist the ends to make petals for a flower. Make 5 or 6 of them.
· Glue to the back side of a cork circle. Now glue the rolled up Ice Resin book page on top.
· Using some Liquid Pearls from Ranger Ink, lightly outline the maple leaf to help make it pop.
·Gently brush on some of Ranger Ink Perfect Pearls onto the maple leaf to accent it. Mist & heat set.
Enjoy your canvas!
I wanted to remind you that there is still time to leave a comment to be entered in to win a spot in the new fantastic online class that Ali Edwards is doing this summer. Ali really is awesome.
GO HERE to leave a comment and good luck!
I will be teaching at the Create-n-Connect show! You can register HERE! Hope to see ya for some AWESOME creative fun with wonderful products from Susan K. Weckesser Inc. ,Unity Stamp Co., Clover USA, Ranger Ink, & Prima Marketing.
I hope that you have a WONDERFUL Canada Day! I know that after the hectic week that we just had around here…we are going to enjoy a day of a little bit of family fun! (likely a water balloon fight too!)