Monday, December 9, 2013

Feeling Sketchy

Hello All!!

Keri Here!

I have always thought the concept of sketches was phenomenal, but in all honesty I probably have only used three in my 10+ years of paper-crafting. (I think I don't like being told what to do! LOL!) 

But...when I saw this one on Paper Issues' Instagram feed and all of the fantastic layouts that came from it, I knew I had to use it. 



I saw those triangles and I immediately thought: Susan's "Celebration of Simple" stamps from Unity Stamps.



I had just bought Basic Grey's Persimmon Line and I couldn't wait to use it.

Here's what I came up with:



I used a sheet of 12x12 Kraft Paper from Canvas Corp as my base because I wanted the colors of the paper to be the focal point because they complimented my vintage picture so well (and yes...that is me as a little squirt...back when I was a natural blonde. haha!)



I stamped Susan's stamps on a variety of patterns of papers so that I could incorporate a lot of colors, as well as using her "a little bit of washi" stamp set to add more color to my background by stamping the corners and in the center so that it would peek out from behind my triangles. 



I wanted my leaves (from Basic Grey) to feel like they were flying in the wind across my paper. 


Originally, I didn't have the flourish background on the corners, but when I started placing leaves the layout still felt "naked"...it needed a little something. So...I pulled out an old stamp set I had from Pink Paislee and went to town. 



I hope you enjoyed my project today and remember to be CREATIVE everyday!

XOXO,
Keri 

2 comments:

  1. What a great take on that sketch - brilliant idea to use the banner stamps! You are awfully cute in that pic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used those stamps! The layout is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe