Wednesday, March 27, 2013

First Haircut layout

Hi everyone!

I'm excited to be sharing a layout that I created using Susan K. Weckesser's whimsical papers!

Before I share, though, can I tell you a secret?  As much as I love Susan's paper (and I do love it!), I was a little bit intimidated by it!  

Whew!  There... I said it.  

The creative side of me is drawn to the bright colours and whimsical patterns.  However, the analytical side of me is searching for straight lines and neat, precise grids.  And yes, I'm one of THOSE people who are both - accountant by day, artist by night (I'm using the term "artist" very loosely!)

But I was so excited by this layout as it came together because I think it really shows that I can use this great, whimsical paper and still stay true to my simple, clean scrapping side!

Here's my layout, using photos from my daughter's first haircut:

Supplies used:  Susan K. Weckesser patterned papers; Bazzill cardstock; Susan K. Weckesser/Unity Stamp Co. stamps (A Little Bit Washi); Tsukineko and Memento inks; Basic Grey alpha letters; Finetec watercolours; Scrapbooks Adhesives dimensional adhesive; The Robin's Nest Dew Drops.

I flicked the entire background page with watercolour to add some colour and interest.  I created a grid using the photos and pieces of patterned papers, all matted in white.  


The washi tape stamps were stamped on and fussy cut from the same paper (cut from behind the green matte) so you can see flecks of watercoloured drops on the stamped images.


I cut out the circles from yet another paper and attached them randomly over my page, adding Dew drops.  Lastly, I added a simple title using letter stickers.


Easy peasy, lemon-squeezy!

Thanks for looking!

Sue :)

3 comments:

  1. Great job on this layout. My acid test for scrapbook designs is: Did the layout and embellishment allow the photos to shine? You met the test and did wonderfully. Your little one is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous subject for your wonderful layout Sue. I so agree with Jean!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh she is sooo adoreable....beautiful layout...love what you did with the papers.xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe