Sunday, February 24, 2013

Home...

Hi! Jennifer here this lovely Monday morning..hope everyone is doing great!  Just looking back at all the great post and items the Susan K Weckessar DT have been making they are all so wonderful!  Last night I got my scrap on and gathered a few items together...



A few pieces of paper from Susan, an old road atlas, a bit of washi tape, twine, a few embellies, a wooden tray and a wooden home sign that I got from M's craft store. 

First I took two kinds of washi tape and put it around the edge of the tray.  I used a black polka dot on the inside and a ruler one on the outside.  I mitered the corners by pushing the tap in and cutting it with a mat knife.


Next I cut a house and two flowers from the Susan K Weckesser paper and put pop dots on the back of them.  I also cut out some letters from her Live Love Create paper as well. 

I also tore out a map from the Atlas.  I chose one that showed the cities that I have lived in since I was born or places where I spend a lot of time and consider them home.  I pasted the map in the back of the tray using a tape runner. 

I layered all the elements on top of the map including; the house, flowers, letters and "home" wooden sign. 

To the map I also added red dots with pop dots (craftwork card candi) and strung twine between them. 

The map shows:

Toronto is where I was born
Peterborough is where I lived when I was growing up
Brooklin is where I live now
Ottawa is where my family lives and where we will retire


Here are a few close ups of the finished tray..



The dots and twine linking the places....



The details around the house.....



The hearts coming out from the chimney....

I have enjoyed this week playing with the great paper and documenting my "homes" over the years!  I hope that you will take some time and make something that documents those places you consider being you home or homes!

Have fun this week, take care and HUGS from me!

Jennifer







3 comments:

  1. This is really cool! I love the idea of combining the map with the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful keepsake Jennifer!!!
    Hugs
    Tracy
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe