Friday, February 1, 2013

Easy Ways to{#cre8time}with your Family

 

Kitty Nap

Life can get SO busy.

*Family

*Church

*Sports & afterschool activities

*House

*Occasional Self Time( yup, a mom needs some alone  time)

*Work

It can ALL get a little overwhelming sometimes. That is why I fell in love with this…

Cre8time

“CRE8TIME is a movement, a movement supported by a group of people who want to make a positive social change. As our lives become increasingly crowded with “responsibilities,” we tend to ignore ourselves and find it difficult to justify creative pursuits; they seem “selfish” and are often the first things we discard.  It’s time to reclaim our creativity!  It is designed to help people recover eight hours a month and devote it to their particular craft, and to create a place for them to share their experiences – the joys, lessons, and results – with the creative community at large.”

How Cool is this? An organization that encourages you to bring back  CREATIVITY into your life! Everyone needs a little creativity in there life. It helps you clear your mind, heal your heart, get closer to your loved ones , and get back to the BASICS! So AWESOME!! I adore this! To find out more information about cre8time, and to join this movement,  you can visit their site HERE.

Here is how our family has been putting a little CRE8TIME into our lives this month.

photo (41)

Fabric Painting Colorful T-shirts with friends and ilovetocreate’s wonderful products.

photo (39)

photo (33)Making homemade cake pops and learning to decorate them. We used Kuretake’s paper punches to punch shapes out of edible paper.photo (42)photo (35)*grin* Even though some of us were sick we still joined in! Ashley is beading a print I made with Faber-Castell Gelatos.photo (36)Jessica wanted to learn how to use liquid water colors on stretched canvas. I think that she is a natural at it! photo (37)photo (38)

Me, well….you know me. I just love playing with anything colorful when I have a chance! It is so relaxing and just puts a smile on my face!

This month I am proud to say that I am featured in the wonderful magazine -

I was thrilled when they asked me if I wanted to be in there lovely magazine. Plus, I was even more thrilled because GUESS WHAT!?!?! They are giving all my readers…. you AWESOME people, a free 30 day subscription if they use the code "SusanW". Just go to their site and put the code in. {When you go to their site do not enter not any PayPal information.} You can find the Scrap n’ Art site HERE. You can also check out Scrap n’ Art on Facebook HERE. Make sure to like them and tell that Susan sent ya!

Have  a wonderful week-end and make sure to take a little time for yourself just to relax and to {create}!!!

Hugs,

Susan xo

2 comments:

  1. Hi Susan..woohooo congratulations on the feature ..you deserve it!
    Cre8time is a brilliant cause and it looks like you all had a great time getting crafty . . . say hi to Ashley and Jessica and I hope Ashley is feeling better.
    You need to share the projects when they are done..soooo far looking gorrrgeous,very talented young ladies you have by the look off things Susan!
    Woohooo on the freebie,thank you.
    Have a great weekend yourself, stay safe.
    Hugs from Scotland
    Tracy
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved both the concept and the post Susan! How lucky to have your girls to craft with!What a lovely thing too for scrap and art to do. I susbscribe to this but don't get there often enough. Hope your recovery is going well.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe