Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Being Creative with PanPastels

Believe

I was lucky enough to receive some PanPastels and boy did I  have fun this past week-end playing with them. I wasn't sure at first because I am a old fashioned kind of gal when it come to my art supplies, but I have to admit I am in love with these beautiful pastels that are smartly kept in little containers. The colors are so rich and vibrant, not to mention very dimensional. Believe 1  The pastels are really neat, not like the traditional stick pastels where I am not sure about you, but I end up wearing most of the dust.  

 

 

Believe 3 (2)

PanPastels worked wonderfully with any medium that I worked on and I was able to mix different solutions with them to achieve different looks.

* water----> to achieve a water color look

*acrylic medium -----> to achieve a glaze look

* acrylic medium + gesso + heat gun ------> to achieve a crackle look

Believe 4 (2)    Believe 5 (2)

    It was super easy to work in layers with the PanPastels. In the picture below I used a acrylic medium  and mixed it with a PanPastel and then heated it with a heat gun to create a neat bubble and crack effect. Believe 6 (2)      

For more information on the PanPastels please visit their site. They have a lot of information and videos.

Ultra Soft Artists’ Painting Pastels

"PanPastel Colors are professional grade soft pastel colors packed in a unique pan format (cake-like) so that they can be mixed and applied like paint. They are very low dust for a cleaner working environment."

  turquoise_pan

20piecesinset

Believe2a

Thank-you to everyone who left  a comment for the Kuretake giveaway!!!  You are AWESOME! The random name picker picked a name and the winner is ...

Marylou said...

Oh ya! Love the zig markers/pens. Had mine for years now. Thank you for passing on their facebook page. I don't always go looking for pages of products I love. Oh and I love their glue pens... a must have in my supply drawer! Now Susan, stay healthy! You need to keep inspiring me!

October 5, 2011 11:41 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!

Please contact me with your address Marylou!

Don't worry everyone, you will have more chances to win some Kuretake goodies during the Christmas Love Campaign!!!

Have an AWESOME Day!

hugs,

~Susan

4 comments:

  1. cool creations with Panpastel I was stumped at the beginning but got used to them now, and enjoy using them greatly. X Fab

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Really! Me! Cool, Thank you! And those pastels look fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Marylou! That is awesome!!

    'Lovin' all the colors, Susan!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the Pan Pastels too. At the moment I am using them for my art journal. I love that you can use them wet or dry and they can be mixed and don't cross contaminate. Love them! I love the way you gave it the crackle look. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe