Monday, March 28, 2011

Crop for Kids & Still Waiting for Spring Showers!

rain 4

What do you do when it just won't rain? Well, you create your own Spring showers! That is exactly what I did using ZIG Memory Writers from Kuretake, Some Copics, and a bit of Glimmer Mists from Tattered Angels. Drawing some rain and a springtime picture puts a song in my heart and a smile on my face!

I didn't have a chance to post some pictures from last week-ends Crop for Kids. So with Christy Riopel's permission….here are some. We really had a great time that week-end!

IMG_1658

 

I had my camera, but I was so busy chatting that I didn't take many pictures  so thanks to Michelle Zemlack for these photos and to Christy Riopel for letting me borrow them off her blog.

It was fun to take part of the IRON SCRAPBOOKER Contest and I competed against two Canada's most creative minds Christy Riopel and Sonja McLean> It was super fun!!!

"The rules were to create an ATC, A Double Page Layout, and Card using only what was given to us. A small amount of scrapbooking stuff and a bag of stuff from the thrift store...like an old record, a plastic watch, a small bottle, sponges, wallpaper border, coasters, old board games and cards, place mats and such. And we only had an HOUR!!! "

We drew names for our sous scrappers this year and I got Christy's Daughter  Brittany! She was fantastic! She is so talented, not to mention she was one of the top ten finalist's in the Creating Keepsakes Teen Scrapbooking Competitions lately! Awesome!!! A lot of money was raised! Everyone was so kind and fun! Great Stuff!

These are the items that my 'sous scrapper' and I made in an hour!IMG_1684

IMG_1685    IMG_1688 (2) 1 (2)1IMG_1688 (2) 1I loved working on the old record and the cover! I think I am going to go to the thrift store & get some and try it again…this time with more time!

 

Thanks Jen Rowsell for everything you do! She really is amazing! More charities need people like her!

Have a very creative day!!!

~ Susan

1 comment:

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe