Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Painted Pumpkin Fun


I LOVE PUMPKINS! I love making pumpkin pie, pumpkin cookies, muffins & loaf. I adore carving them into fantastic Jack o Lanterns and then roasting up the seeds while everyone is trick or treating. I even love the shape of a pumpkin. It really is a wonderful squash with wonderful properties to it and it is so good to eat.

    The Properties of a Pumpkin
   Having a yellowish-orange color, pumpkin is rich in anti-oxidants and beta-carotene. Beta-carotene is a vitamin that can be converted by the body into vitamin A. This helps the body in its process of regeneration, slowing down the aging process. Pumpkin pulp contains vitamins, especially pro-vitamin A, vitamins E and C, salts and minerals, carbon hydrates, and proteids. The seeds contain oil, proteids, resines and enzymes with antihelmintic properties. The pumpkin's core contains lecithin, tyrosine, peporesine, phosphorus and vitamins B and A.                                                                        ~Live and Feel. com
This year I had fun taking a plastic pumpkin form that I found and altered it. I started by covering the form with Mod Podge and then I used metallic rub on paints and glimmer mists from My Tattered Angels,  to create whimsical patterns.I then embellished. So much FUN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would LOVE to hear from you! Please feel free to leave a message!
~Susan

ShareThis2

BrendaPInnickColorCafe